Halloween Fun – Grand Rapids Michigan
Halloween is one of the most exciting holidays as a child.
What costume to wear? Where will we go Trick or Treating?
Can my friends go? How much candy will I get? Can I eat it tonight?
It is still exciting as an adult, to see all the little ones in their Halloween costumes skipping from house to house with excitement.
It is still exciting as an adult, to see all the little ones in their
Halloween costumes skipping from house to house with excitement.
Yes, I am in disguise with our little Yorkie helping me answer the door
on a past Halloween. We like to get into the spirit for Trick-or-Treaters.
With all the excitement of costumes and candy, it is helpful to remember
some basic safety tips.
Hope your Halloween is Safe, Spooky and FUN!
- Have a plan –know where to go, how long, and stick to it
- Accompany your children, if too young to go alone
- Safety in numbers – have older children travel in groups
- No short cuts through alleys, parking lots or back yards
- Make sure costumes are bright colors and not too long
- Dark costumes should have reflective strips applied
- Use make-up instead of masks, so children can see
- Only approach homes that have lights on and Halloween Decorations out
- Don’t let children go inside homes – get candy on the porch or steps
- Obey traffic laws and carry flashlights
- Be aware of candles, fire hazards to costumes and fake hair
- Hair spray may be better than a wig
- Use a small bag so child doesn’t trip or fall
- Save candy until you get home and can inspect it
- Make sure all candy is sealed in original wrappers
- Say no to Strangers – kids should never accept rides or get into a car
If you need a little inspiration for a costume, this has some topical ideas
and this site has oodles of suggestions for home made costumes.
If you are a procrastinator, this site has some last minute ideas.
The authors of the this blog write about Grand Rapids Real Estate,
the Greater Grand Rapids MI area, and what it is like to live in
West Michigan. We believe: Grand Rapids is a Great Place to Live!
Contact Terry 616-292-7263